This menu allows you to add categories, forums and sub forums to your board. You can also change the order each forum appears as well as turning visaility on or off. You can further modify each forum by selecting the More Options link that appears to the right.
Warning Note: If any category, Forum, or Sub Forum has the check box ticked, when you click on submit changes the forum/category will be deleted without warning. Unless you have a backup you will not be able to restore your posts.
Forum Name :
This is the name that appears on the front page of your forum.
A quick text description of what to find with this forum section
- HTML :
- We STRONGLY recommend you do not allow HTML as remote scripts can be run this way, compromising security of your forums.
- Smilies :
- When checked displays smilies if correct text entered. When unchecked only the text will be displayed.
- BB Code :
- When checked any tags like bolt, italic, underline etc automatically display. When unchecked text will display with the tag respective tag around it , i.e [ b ]text will display like this less the spaces[ / b ]
- IMG Code :
- When checked images will automatically appear in posts. When unchecked the url path to the image will be displayed inside [img] tags.
- Attachments :
- When checked enables the forum to accept attachments. When unchecked there is no attachement area for the end user.
Enables you to overite the default theme for a specific forum.
Is a grid that allows you to set access for all user types (Super Admin, Admin, Super Mod, Mod, Member, & Guest) and wether or not they have the ability start polls, start threads, reply to threads or even view the forum.
User Access List (separate with comma) :
On top of the above permission table you can further restrict access to forums by entering user names in a comma seperated format, i.e, name1, name2, name3. Only names on the list will be able to access the forum.
Password: (leave blank for none) :
If you enter a password, the end users must know it before being able to access the forum. Once entered the user can access until they logout or delete there cookies.
When checked will delete the forum with no further warnings if submit changes button is clicked. The only way to get teh forum back is via a full restore.
See also: Planning and Creating Forums